After hunting for the perfect dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe for years, I think I may have found it. When cooked right, they are perfectly chewy and crunchy. Even the dairy lovers in my house enjoyed them.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegan butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package of dairy free chocolate chips (enjoy life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the sugars, vegan butter, vanilla and egg together in a large bowl.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to incorporate the dry ingredients. Add in the dairy free chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Place large spoonfuls of dough on an ungreased pan.
- Bake for around 8-10 minutes until they are just turning light brown on the edges.
*Could be made vegan with an egg substitute.